Received back from Judith, my editor. Grateful for the many comments where I’ve overlooked that any reader needs more reminders of what has happened in earlier books than I’ve included, along with all the other constructive observations. Okay. Now a challenge. Judith considers that part of the story is overlong and – I agree with her.
I had a sneaky feeling at the back of my mind that was so but, having rewritten about 80% of the book and drastically revised the other 20% – I was done. And – “silver linings.” Snappier is better and, as I’ve developed book 4 REBELLION, a new theme arises that can and should appear in BETRAYED. So, hard work I’d like to avoid, but fun as well.